Sign in to follow this  
Guest brunovinci

FSX in FS9 ?

Guest brunovinci

I have implemented all the tweaks found on various sites in a futile attempt to turn FSX into a viable simulator that would at least match my beefed-up FS9: to no avail! Before stuffing the FSX box in a remote corner, I have been wondering if any of the rare goodies of the new software could be brought into FS9. As far as I know, it does not work for complete airplanes, but sound files are no problem. I rename the FS9 sound file and replace it by a copy of the corresponding FSX file. Thus, I can enjoy, for instance, the excellent sounds of the FSX Beaver which surpass even that of the Aerosoft FS9 Beaver. Same for the Lear, the Piper and so on. I was wondering if other "retro-imports" where possible. Maybe, the water reflexion textures and other features where FSX seems to show real improvement over FS9.

I'd love to bring the FSX Maule Orion back to FS9. That would be the cat's whiskers.Impossible, is it not?

there is already a great FS9 maule -Maule M-7-260 Design: M.Maliniemi, K.Virtanen, I.Grant, R.Horelli, A.Swindle, S.Grant, T.FoosnesDescription: A complete Maule M-7-260 all-in-one package for FS2004. Package contains six different model variants, including three different taildragger versions, wheel-ski version, tricycle and amphibian versions. Also included are two soundsets, two panel variants and clickable virtual cockpit.just do a 'maule' search on fsnordic.net.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks. I'll check that out. @-@ *Edit. DL-ed the Maule from fsnordic. Wow! That's some serious freeware. 60 meg DL. Great VC, variants including skis, tundra tires (love it!), and floats. Easy install. Nice detail, sounds, great force feedback. Some companies are charging $25 for planes that aren't this good.I think this is my new default ride for low-slow flights over the eye candy.Thanks very much. @-@