Sign in to follow this  
Shayne

Help with new hardrive and replaceing a full C drive

I am not sure what the best way to g oabout his so I figured I would ask people that know. I have built a new computer, Mother board up and its a Duo Core 2 2.4 with 2gigs of ram and Nvidia Geforce 7900gtko video card and I ahve had it along with my original C: drive 40 gig Western Digital drive and when I built this a few months back I was able to keep the C drive and all my stuff but now I have two extra drives, both serial ATA Seagate drives , one 160 G and one 300 G and my old C drive has only 2 Gigs left so I would like to move everything or take FS9 and all the addons and move it to another drive or just change my c: drive with one of the newer one and I am not sure the best/easiest way of doing this. Any help would be great as I am okay with computers but not as knowledgable as many.Thanks in advance for your help, I tried to search but couldn't get what I wanted.Shayne

Guest tango papa

Hopefully, you should have gotten a Disc Utility CD along with one of your Seagate HD's. You should be able to copy your origional drive to one of the new drives, and be all set to go. You can keep the old drive as a backup.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Hi Shayne; I don't know if there is any "best" way to build with what you (and I)have. I had the same issue with a 20, an 80 and a 200 gig a coupla years ago. I left the OS as it was, on the 20 gig C drive, reinstalled the FSim(s) onto the 80 gig, and then moved everything else onto the 200 gig, as the "storage" drive. The 80 currently has FS9, FSX, CFS3 and FarCry on it - nothing else: the 200 has a number of miscellaneous applications, plus one folder - "Scenery" for all airports, meshes, ASv6, UTUSA, etc., and one folder - "Addons", for TrafficTools, FS Manager, and a slew of other FS-related downloads, plus one folder for aircraft. Swap is system-managed on the 20 and the 200 gig, none on the 80. The main tools I run are "Diskeeper" (defrag tool)in the background, and "Registry Healer" between uninstalls/reinstalls.Hope this helps,Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.