Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Bird's Eye View----darn...really, REALLY, good......

I have been running both FS9 and FSX and switching back and forth between them as each are totally viable. Yeah, FSX is slower than my 30 + frames via FS9, but its 'doable'But FS9 still kicks butt!I bought last week four season albums for B.E.V. (Bird's Eye View).SummerFallSpringHard Winter.I must say, I have not been disappointed in the least!B.E.V. really adds depth and the fun/wow factor to low level flight, (and the higher you go as well, for now it looks so real) where you will actually see terrain, landmarks, cities, towns, forests,topography,etc.I was messing around with the C172 and started typing in a location. I made a typo, and ended up at a farm (large smile) strip in South Carolina. It was Pearson's Farm, South Carolina. I said "...what the heck, and went with my 'mistake'. Great mistake! B.E.V.'s rendering of rural landscape is wonderful. Agricultural buildings, fences, water towers, sheds, lean-to's, churches, post-offices, all of it, make for a beautiful and fun-filled virtual flight over rural America. The sun was just starting to set over the mountains near the horizon.I highly recommend grabbing at least the four season themes for around $48.00 . The fact that you can mix up all the textures of each seasonal theme REALLY is a powerful feature, as my perception of a nice 38F winter sunset over South Carolina, might not be your rendition. With B.E.V., you can MAKE IT, exactly how you would WISH to view it. I didn't truly appreciate that feature until I took the time to move this texture in...move that texture out...move another, etc.I must say...rural South Carolina never looked better!Seriously, if you got the free Summer download and tried it out, liked what you saw, then you truly owe it to yourself to check out the other seasons. I'm not even sure if the 'freebie' had all the Summer textures even offered that you get with the retail full-install....and believe me, there are a lot of 'em. If you do decide to get the four seasons (highly recommend HARD Winter over 'Winter' as your Winter season) Use it..BUT...BUT..take the time to fully customize the scenery to YOUR LIKING. That is the ticket. How can you not rave about something if it now renders 100 percent to YOUR liking?!??! Everybody is different in what they like, and THAT is B.E.V.'s trump card. It lets you put it that way.BTW, just what the textures are for oceans, inland, rivers, etc is WORTH the MONEY! You can see sea-foam and your eyes 'create' the FSX 'movement' of the wave crests because they are now 'there' with the B.E.V. water textures and color. Whoever did the color of water bodies needs me to buy him/her/her/him a beer! Finally...it looks right!Cheers!Back to the peace of a Cessna high-wing and V.F.R. 'deluxe'...:)Mitch R.

Guest ThrottleUp

Yea I hear ya! I got BEV too and Im very happy with it! Im not sure how to get my 5th free download though..are they still offering that lol.:)

Yeah, I saw that...but am not really caring as I have what I consider the important ones.BTW, I just landed from Pearson's Farm, S.C. to Charlotte, S.C.I had such a RUSH...as when flying over the city of Charlotte (with of course all sliders full-bore) it looked SO REAL! All the houses and buildings were actually lined up with their respective streets as well as the trees, etc. Not like the default mish-mash. What a sense of suspended belief as I reached 1,800 feet down to the numbers.Oh yeah...this is a KEEPER program. Makes FS9 come alive.Happy Camper,....Mitch R.