Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Help! A Major FS9 Nightmare!

CTHELPER is for the creative audio sound cards.Usually a CTD without an error message means you have duplicate afcads. scan with scanafd and double check that you don't have any, you can get false positives so go through it thoroughly.

Guest hopsing88

Is your computer protected with a battery back-up device, so the electric supply is not interrupted, not even for a few milliseconds?? It only takes a couple milliseconds to scramble your system. Maybe when you were out to the coffee pot?

No, I don't have a backup yet, but I think I will get one for my next system. I was right there when the CTD occured. There was no interruption in power or even a dimming of my house lights. Thanks anyway. Tom

Alex,You may have something here, since I have downloaded several AFCADS with Ultimate Traffic but am always confused in doing so. I never know what to update and save as new or overwrite if you know what I mean. Anyway, where do I find ScanAFD? Thanks. Tom

If you googled it...then why didn't you see that it is a program that comes with all Creative Labs sound cards (Soundblaster?). Removing it saves on resources...but it won't solve his problem.