Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Round the World Race - Team AVSIM needs you.

Interested in Joining Team AVSIM? If you are at all interested in helping Team AVSIM defend the title, please let us all know. The team needs pilots (especially European or Australian pilots) as there will be plenty of opportunities to fly. If you are an experienced FS pilot, then you can step right in. If you prefer, you can fly a few training missions or as a "wingman" to gain experience. And, of course, we need teammates to scout legs, find good weather patterns, carry out flight planning and help organize things. The race begins Saturday, February 17th, and will last 4 or 5 days (flying round the clock). The public team forum is located here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=227 If you would like to give this a go, please sign up below and someone will be in contact you via the forum PM system or via email if you post good email address. (Alternatively, please PM me or another one of the veterans and we'll get you going.) We'll get you to the private team forum, access to the server and TeamSpeak, and so on. All this is easy enough once you get started. (And you need not fly online if you prefer to fly offline.) Best,Jeff Williams(And the Team AVSIM veterans...)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Guest SoarPics

Bump for those who are interested in joining in on the fun.There are any number of ways sim pilots can be a part of this great team effort. Hope other Avsim members will join us during practice to see what it's all about.

Last year was my first year helping out AVSIM and I really had a great time. The multiplayer flying was great. It was a lot of fun and a great aviation simulation experience. I flew to parts of the world I would not normally fly to and was amazed by some of the things hidden in FS 2004, like seeing the northern lights and experiencing some incredible sunsets and sunrises in the Pacific. If you enjoy flight simulation and are looking for some new and fun experiences, please join us. You will get to meet some very friendly inviduals virtually in FS and via Teamspeak, see partrs of the world in FS that you have never seen, and maybe even learn some new Flight sim techniques.Multiplayer is a blast!

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Just one week before the race...but plenty of time to sign up and learn the ropes. Most of the pilots will fly FS9--for obvious reasons. (Though some will fly FSX.) We surely would like to encourage everyone to join in on the fun. AVSIM has a tradition of getting new pilots right into the action. And if you are an experienced virtual pilot who is finding things a little slow--why not take on the challenge of the Round the World Race?Best,Mike MacKuenFor a sense of what the race entails, see:http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1