Sign in to follow this  
Guest batsie

ch yoke or saitek x52 pro

thinking of getting one of these for fs9. anyone have any experience of using either of these? are they any good?erick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It really depends on what you fly.. If you fly Tubeliners and GA then a yoke is better if you fly fighters, helos and vintage single engines then a stick is better. If you opt for the Yoke you really need pedals to go with it (unless you select auto-rudder). I have Saitek Pedals, CH Yoke, X52, and a Cyborg Evo....Which do I prefer??? The Evo!!RegardsJim

I was thinking about getting the Saitek Pedals to replace my worn down CH ones, how do you like them? Also to the OP: Jim is right, depends on how you fly but also how much you want to spend. I love my CH yoke, nothing beats it for flying yoke equipped airplanes but combined with the pedals it is pretty expensive.

I'm a big fan of the Evo except I use mine as a left hand throttle (MS FFB2 for the flightstick). The Evo is inexpensive, versatile, and extremely confortable. If money is an issue, consider buying two Cyborg Evos and making a HOTAS out of them. You'd have six buttons plus a POV hat on each Evo to use without ever having moving your hands off the sticks. I double function several buttons, so you can easilly set up fifteen of twenty comands if you want. Plus there is a throttle and six more buttons on the base of each unit. Serious vesatility for low cost.

You're a genius.. what great lateral thinking.. Two EVOs one as a cyclc the other as a collective..."X52 I'm afraid you have to go into the cupboard now...don't be afraid there's a Logitech Force Feedback in there to keep you company"

"You're a genius.. what great lateral thinking.. Two EVOs one as a cyclc the other as a collective..."Well... cough-cough... it's my pleasure. :-cool I really wanted the X52 but I already had an MS FFB2 and didn't want to give it up. I almost bought the X52 ($200) just for the throttle but then I saw the Evo for $45 and that was that.One great trick with the Evo is to use the stick itself as a throttle in IL2-Pacific Fighters. The center rest postion is 50% power and you push forward for more and pull back for less. The spring tension in the stick gives very precise control in a dogfight. You can hang on the enemy's tail all day. Personally, I think it's faster and more precise than a standard left hand throttle. In FS9, where speed doesn't require frequent changes, I just use the thumb switches for speed control.When my MS FFB2 dies, I'm getting two Evo FFB untis. I want both hands a'shaking!*Edit - My setup.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/hor...ss/LOGS3001.jpg