Sign in to follow this  
Guest melevine

Have you upgraded your airport runway/taxi lights??

Guest melevine

I'm trying to find the best looking freeware/addon textures for the stock FS9 runway, taxiway, strobes, etc. I know (over the past few years) that there have been many different iterations of textures downloaded to the AVSIM library....specifically "HALO.BMP" and some other associated ones.Can any of you suggest what YOU'VE INSTALLED, and if you like the look?I'd like to also download those and see how it looks in my sim. I'm currently having problems getting them to look realistic (and not overly enlarged and fuzzy.....this is a recent development since I had to reinstall FS9 and all addons over this past weekend).Mike

If you are talking about lights. Yes... I love the following.For airport lighting: airport_lighting_v2.zipAnd for nav lights: alternative_nav_lights.zipThis one is optional to tone down the landing lights etc...xenon2.zipManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest melevine

Thanks Manny.....the first I've downloaded already. When you mention that the last is to "TONE DOWN" the landing lights, etc" what do you mean exactly???Mike

Guest tango papa

I did a AVSIM search for zeon2.zip, not in the library.I have a few suggestions:asynchronous_strobes_effects.zip: all the lights on the AC don't blink at the same time.newligth.zip: a smaller light pattern for taxi/landing light effect.nav_light_package.zip: 3 sets of lights High, Medium, & Low intensity.I renamed them to NAV_RedH - NAV_GreenH - NAV_WhiteH NAV_RedM - NAV_GreenM - NAV_WhiteM NAV_RedL - NAV_GreenL - NAV_WhiteL obslightv1.zip: a brighter light for tops of radio towers, buildings, and smoke stacks.I like the the effects of the AEU7 enhnacement package. I've looked at Airport Lights2, but don't like the yellow hue of the runway lights.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest melevine

All input is appreciated!I do have AEU7 loaded on my sim, and did before I had to reinstall everything. I'm trying to figure out why my taxi lights, runway lights, strobes and the enhanced night lights (from Ultimate Terrain...on the major roads)ALL look way too large, fuzzy and unsharp. In my prior setup, they looked very sharp, crisp, and even had a slight "star" pattern (not just a big jelly-bean appearing blob like they do now).That is the issue that I'm trying to resolve. I've loaded many different Halo.BMP and made lots of tweaks to the runway light "scalar" section in FS9.cfg.....but nothing seems to help!Mike