Sign in to follow this  
Guest user4790

RNAV points

Hey all, Is there any way to add RNAV points to the stock MSFS flight planner. It easy to fly SIDs using (non-RNAV) charts and just plotting the points in the flight planner but now that many airports are using RNAV departures/arrivals I cant find any of the fixes on the planner. So is there any way to add the points to the flight planner and have them show up on the map so I can drag the line (route) over it and have it installed into the flight plan? So basically what I'm looking for is a way to edit the database of the planner, and have the new points show up on the planning chart.Thanks,Marc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is not hard to do, but could probably be automated. If you install, for instance, Super Flight Planner 3, it comes with some data base tools that you can use to extract all the default wayoints to a text file that you can load into a dbf or spreadsheet. You could then do a compare against a current database, maybe an AIRAC update file, to find all the missing waypoints. Then they need to be packaged into the correct format and compiled.scott s..