Sign in to follow this  

Adding "related links"

Hello,I've noticed that related links which we mention in the "Notes for Library Managers" field while uploading, don't get added for some weeks now. I don't know what the problem is, or what causes this situation; however we would highly welcome it if you could consider the entries in the "notes field". Otherwise we get mails regarding the errors of a earlier uploaded file, though a patch had been allready uploaded - but the users can't see it cause there are no "related links". If the reason is, that related links cause too much work (i'd understand that), you could add an extra field to the upload procedure where everyone can manually enter which files are neccesary or which file gets patched by the uploaded one.also another point is that sometimes parts of the description or entries in the name field get deleted by the staff, e.g.:-"This file also includes blablabla" (got deleted though the description all in all was very short!)-entries in the name field:Polat Alemdar / POSKY (e.g.)the name of the developer (POSKY for example) got deleted once, after that it was impossible for the users to find out which model that paint was including.I understand that you delete a few thinks to make it shorter, however i see no reason why you delete important things?Please don't take this as an offence, I appreciate the work of the library team and I know you do this in your free time without getting paid...sincerely,Polat

Sometimes things get overlooked we all work regular jobs and are tired sometimes and we miss things. Please email library(at)avsim.com with the file download id's you need linked together.As far as the titles go we follow a set guideline of:<(Registration Code, if applicable, in quotes)>Ex: United Airlines NC Boeing 747-400 (UA9392)The mention of POSKY or other names in the title is not needed. Put that in your description.Hope this clears things up for you if not email us at library(at)avsim.com

i allready send an email, however.. nothing changed:----Wed, 08 Nov 2006 14:39:11 +0100Patch linkHello,i've uploaded a fix last night (kallistei_nantia_zagkli_fix.zip - DLID=93350) for the file kallistei_nantia_zagkli.zip DLID=93284, and noted that its a fix for that mainfile, however it didnt get linked to the first one. Could you please add that link? (Other files which are related to, or may be required by, this file:) Thanks,Sincerely,Polat Alemdar----

I see that it has so one of the library managers got to it.