Sign in to follow this  
Guest cypherja

"real" aviation headset

Is it possible to use a "real" aviation headset with a program like VoiceBuddy? Using .25" to 3.5mm converters so that the headset can plug into the computer's speaker and mic jacks?Just wondered if it was possible to add an extra sence of realism, and to use existing resourses.Thanks!- Jason

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have also wondered this, it would be great to use a david clark with vatsim.

>I have also wondered this, it would be great to use a david>clark with vatsim.Oh yea, I forgot about VATSIM!- Jason

Can't see why not. Those headsets still consist of speakers and mics after all :) Just get the converters and plug in.Personally I find my computer headset more comfortable than a David Clark and it would silence out all the aircraft sound coming from your speakers in case you decide to go for the separate audio card solution. The best would probably be to use a Telex or equivalent jet-plane headset that don't have so big noise mufflers.

Yes you can, but you need to match the high impedance of the aircraft headset to the low impedance computer output with an audio transformer. Here's one of a number of commercial products that does just that (the Audio Pilot):http://www.marvgolden.com/headsets/adapters.htmIf you can afford the $200+ David Clark headset, you should be able to afford the $39 adapter...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile