Sign in to follow this  
Guest BrianFletcher

Why won't FS9 start now?

I just tried to launch FS9 and got the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" message. Why? I haven't changed anything...I think.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Find FS9.cfg file - mine is here: C:Documents and SettingsD BrownApplication DataMicrosoftFS9Right click over it and copy it where you are - this will make a copy of FS9.cfg named "Copy of fs9.CFG".Rerun FS9 and the sim will make a new one for u - may work may not.If it works and u have tweaked your orig FS9.cfg then u will have to do them to the new FS9.cfg file - if this works.If it doesn't work delete the FS9.cfg file u have just made and rename the cpy file back to FS9.cfgHave fun.

Here is a screenshot of the first screen that comes up and a shot of the information screen. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

That's what I was thinking, but before I do that, do you think it might be worth trying a system restore to go back a couple of days?

Bizarrely, mine stopped working too. My problem seems to be something to do with Ground environment Pro. I get an error for terrain.dll. Interestingly, I found a report of someone with the same problem, and his was down to software running in the background - notably, D and o defragger. I checked to see what was running behind mine, and found a few. I disabled them and the problem, for the timebeing at least, seems fixed.

I found out the problem on my end. It turns out that it had to do with FS Passengers. For some reason it prevents FS9 from starting everytime I uninstall FS Passengers.