Sign in to follow this  
Guest James Denver

Can

Guest James Denver

Hi its my first post inthe Avsim Forum and I have a question of great importance.About 1,5 months ago i bought FSX and installed it in my computer where I also had FS9 with big collection of Payware Aircraft(PMDG737 747; Level-d 767, dreamfleet 727,...) but anywayafter seeing FSX low capacity in my computer I prefered to use FS9 so I uninstalled FSX, but by doing so I couldn

Did you uninstall using Add/Remove programs or just delete the folders? Your registry may have remnants of both which need to be deleted. If you are happy using regedit then back up the registry and do a search for both versions.

Guest James Denver

Yes I always uninstall programs from the Control Panel Add and Remove or from FS9 uninstall from the CD. And after that I removed the files from C:Program Files........ that still remain. Althought doing all this and even deleting FS2004 files from My Documents it still won

Guest jimcooper1

What error message (if any) do you get when it stops at 17%Jim

Guest James Denver

Actually when it reaches 17% it just stops and stay in that way even blocking temporally my computer and after a while it returns yo normal, the Computer that is, and the installaation panel says: "MSFS2004 has encountered a problem en the disc ( as in c:; I have it in spanish) when writing C:Program Files.....FS9Chartslessonskpae-vor.gif make sure the disc is not full and reinstall the program" giving you the option to retry or cancell the installation of which both I

Guest ThrottleUp

You can try this:Backup all your important data to CD or DVD and then try a System Restore to a date BEFORE you installed FSX.If that works -1.Run a good Registry & Disk Cleaner like the excellent free CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/)2. Defrag the hard-disk3. Now try installing FS9Again - please make sure you have all important data on your computer backed-up :)