Sign in to follow this  
irocx

Questions on Aircraft.txt and creating A.I. traffic

Hi all, I am trying to create some traffic for one airport using Traffic Changer by Jeff Bobicki. I downloaded some specific addon planes for this traffic, but they do not show up in the aircraft selection menu or the aircraft.txt file when I try to create the flightplans. I then tried editing aircraft.txt file including all the required parameters and saved it, but I now get a run-time error 62 when I try to launch the "plan creator". Has anyone had this issue? Do I need to edit the addon aircrafts' .cfg files to make it available in Traffic Changer?Also, is there a separate flightplan plan creator so I can combine that with my own aircraft.txt file and use TTools? Is there a master aircraft.txt file anywhere with the main FS9 folder so I don't even need to create one with all the AC#'s and speeds etc? Thanks for helping this AI noob.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hi,One piece is that if you decompile a traffic.bgl with TTools it will generate the aircraft.txt file used with that particular traffic file. So the default traffic file contains the default aircraft.txt file.I don't use that program so I can't help with specifics there.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest Phantoms

If you want to use aircraft that are not in your aircraft.txt file for your flightplans, then you have to get the title for the aircraft you want to use and add it to your aircraft.txt file.To get the title, look inside the aircraft.cfg file for the plane you want ands use the title= for the Aircraft. For instance, to use the default Cessna 172 in the second paint, you'd look in aircraft.cfg file in the FS9/Aircraft/c172/ folder. Find the fltsim entry for the paint you want and then use the title (in this case Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint2).

Hi Jim and Phantoms, thanks for your replies. When I said I tried editing my aircraft.txt file, I did just as Phantoms suggested and inserted the aircraft title along with the neccesary AC#, cruise speed etc, but when I saved the revised aircraft.txt file, Traffic Changer issued me the error message, for whatever reason. I did find a workaround though. I simply used the one of the existing aircraft (visible to Traffic Changer) and compiled my flightplans within the Traffic Changer program, I then edited the flightplans file by changing the AC# to the plane I desired. I then used TTools to compile everything into the traffic.bgl file. Make sense? It did work - just a little more time and a different tact.If anyone knows of an easier approach, I'm all ears. Thanks again.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall