Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

What's so great about 2D panels?

Hi,Totaly agree, i was always flying in 2D until TIR was introduced into my system, it's awsome. I can fully understand and i would still be using 2D if it wasn't for TIR, i also thought it was to tedious to scroll around and zoom with the top hat or mouse in the VC. Right now though i think it's even easier to use VC in the complex airliners, i know my way around the cocpit, and take for instance the overhead panel, so much easier in VC, when entering high speed taxi ways after landing i can continue to taxi while configuring lights and electrical systems on the overhead panel without having my frontal view blocked by the 2D panel, gives much more freedom and so nice during visual approaches and base turns.Everybody should atleast try the TIR, if you don't like it, fine, but for me, it changed the whole atmosphere and really sparked new life into this hobby of mine which i have been doing since 1984 on the Commodore 64 and Sublogics FS2.I am now more eager than ever to fly and explore the world. TIR has been and is to date the most appreciated item in my system. Best regards,Eirik

Very often TIR is mentioned almost as a necessity when this topic arises. I 1000% agree that TIR is utterly unmatched in it's ability to transform the vc experience. Having said that, I do not (currently) own it, and still fly vc almost exclusively if a good one is modelled. I just plain like the view :)regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/1024mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark