Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeeWang

One thing that has bugged me, and was afraid to ask

I don't get into the "soup" very often so just learnt to live with it, but is this normal? When you set vis to say 1/16th or even 1/2 mi vis, the landing lights just look bad in spot view. Could it be my setup? or do others see the same effect in low vis situations? Here is a picture.Could someone post a shot of their FS2004 with Vis set to 1/2 mile?Leehttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167893.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's a free add-on here at Avsim called Real Environment Professional. In there you will find a new texture for the default landing lights. It really improves the look of the landing lights both from the inside and outside the cockpit.. I believe the file name is 'repsetup.zip'.John M

I can verify it's not just your systems. I just tested this on 3 different PC's using the PSS 757, PMDG 747 and Carenado piper Dakota. All had the same result on vis 1/16 regardless of sliders, computer stats or other weather occurances. Looks like it is an FS9 rendering limitation when it comes to landing lights and 1/16 visibility.