Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Open Right Seat View in 2D View

It seems to me that there was an easy way to open the right seat view out the front windscreen in FSX using 2d view, so that I could maximize the window and put it up on my second monitor, getting a better view of what was in front of me.Is there a way to do this is FS2004 or do I have to buy add on software like WideView, or use the virtual cockpit, which doesn't really give me the POV I was looking for.Sorry if this is to basic a question, but I can't seem to find the right search terms to get an appropriate answer. As always, thanks in advance to the group.Chuck B.

Chuck,If I'm understanding your question... you want to open a new window, keep it 2d front view, undock it and move it to a second monitor, then with the focus on that second window, cycle to the "no instruments" view with the "W" key so that you have a 2D view on each screen; one with panel and one without... Is that it? or did you want to have a different view of the instrument panel? Seems like I've seen some add-ons that provide a "right-seat" view of the instrument panel but that would be up to the designer or someone else with the skill to make a modified panel image for that alternate view. I'm not aware of any way to move a 2d instrument panel image to make it look like your viewpoint has moved...If I had to come up with a quick way to make a right-seat image, I'd grab a screenie from the VC and start editing or maybe try a mirror image of the original panel and some judicious editing - might be easier.Best of luckLoyd

Thank you, Loyd. I guess it's simply a new feature in some of the planes in FSX -- and a nice one too. Too bad FS2004 runs so much better on my machine. :-)Best regards!Chuck