Sign in to follow this  
zmanisfireproof

Help me Please!!

Fellas,I need help. I have FSX, but got sick of the 'ran out of memory' problem, and the slow framerates near cities despite my new system. So, I reinstalled FS9. However, there is a problem. Everything about the sim works great EXCEPT my aircraft selection screen (where the airplane rotates in main menu) is black. I can't see what airplane I have selected. It may not be a big deal, but it's freakin' annoying. Anyone have any solutions? Here are my computer specs:Alienware Area-51 7500Processor: Intel

Guest PARADISE

I believe you need to change the AA settings on your Nvidia card. If no one else replies search the forum for this. It's been brought up before with Nvidia card usersJohn M

Guest tappy

Hi Zman, Paradise is right, I and most Nvidia card users have this problem when you set your AA settings high, it's just a small pain you put up with, for the added graphic Quality. If it troubles you that much just start FS windowed and then change to full screen after you sellect your A/C. Regards Pete.

That sucks.I figured it out. Thanks guys. It seems that in the Nvidia control panel, if I set the AA to anything except "Override Application AA", the airplane selection window is viewable. However, the AA quality sucks. So I guess I'll just have to put up with not seeing my aircraft selection in the main menu. Oh well... Small price to pay for fun! Thanks for your help fellas. Hope Nvidia fixes this issue.

Guest The Captain

I have a 20" widescreen Dell 2005FPW monitor with a native resolution of1680X1050. I turned AA on in my nVidia 6800 to 4X & the aircraft selection window in fs9 turned black. But - when I change the screen resolution to 1600X1024 aircraft appear in the selection window but there is a narrow black band down the right-hand side of the screen. It would appear it is horses for courses.

Don't reduce your resolution. I have the same monitor and it loves 1680x1050.I also run the Nvidia 8800 GTX and I run it at high AA settings.To see the aircraft in the selection screen, hit Alt/Enter to go to windowed mode.When your aircraft loads up, just use Alt/Enter again for full screen.Hope this makes sense.

John