Sign in to follow this  
kapapilot

I am the administrator Why the ERROR?

when I start flight sim 9 I get a pop-up saying, "You do not have permission to install new files on this computer. Please have an administrator log on to complete scenery installation." I am the administrator of the computer. I can change scenery as I want, but it is annoying to have to deal with this. I have made other admin accounts and get the same thing, Also my ati catalyst control center won't let me change graphic settings because I am not the administrator, but I am.Thanks I hope we can find a solutionAnthony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy -> Local Policies -> "User Rights Assignment". There is likely a change somewhere here. It needs some studying to understand it all, though.You might also try picking a Restore Point and move the pc back a few weeks, to a date where it wasn't happening. This issue WAS a problem at one time, but I think it was fixed in Service Pack 1. You are running XP Pro, SP2, right?

Right-click on My Computer -> Properties, and the first screen will tell you the version of XP - and the patch level - that you're using.