Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Brightening up the FS world.

Hi everyone. If this has already been discussed, please forgive my rehashing. I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to make the FS world look brighter on clear and mostly sunny days. To me, even at high noon, without a cloud in the sky, everything still looks dull, as if it were overcast. I've tried adjusting the gamma on my video card, but that ends up washing everything out.Is there a CFG setting that can be tweaked? Thanks,JonathanKATL

Hi Johathan,Even MS made a reference to this for FS9. For now however, I did not adjust the gamma on my GForce 4 4200/ti card, just the brightness a notch or two. Won't wash out, but will make the ground textures much brighter.CheersBob Johnson

Just a couple other thoughts on this, the "brightness" never seems to change with sky conditions, so complete overcast is just as bright as clear sky, which has always disapointed me. So perhaps the brightness level is just a compromise "typical" brightness that is somewhere in the middle of a dark, cloudy day and a bright, sunny day. Also, if you're flying in the northern hemisphere, and you're using the current date, the winter landscape textures are going to be fairly dull and brown (unless they're white from snow) so that may make things seem a little less "bright" than they will be in the true summer.I look forward to the time that the "environment" will change to the degree that it did in Flight Unlimited II/III with respect to cloud cover. Nothing like departing at noon in a gloomy summer downpour where it almost looks like twilight to make you feel like you're really there.John Bumgarner

Johnathan:I made FS2002 sunnier and brighter by adjusting the brightness and contrast controls on my monitor. Made a big difference, and I now have a bright and sunny FS2002. I belive most monitors have these adjustment setting controls.