Sign in to follow this  
atco

Stuck in blurries ####

Hi Craig,Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I have already tried all those things and nothing helped.Tried Koorby's settings, tried modifying them, tried all kinds of tweaks and settings, the config file is just not helping me at all. No values I change seem to have any effect, other than to occassionally make the display worse (like setting global max texture from massive to large - that was horrible !)I looked at some screenshots from my old PC, and despite being lower spec, I still got more than one or two tiles around the aircraft displayed properly.Now it seems the only terrain tiles that are sharp and the one under the aircraft, and single tiles ahead of, behind and on both sides, the rest blur up to the edge of the terrain radius settings.This is the most frustrating battle I have had with FS, I tried a flight last night in a faster aircraft and it was horrible with textures popping into focus almost as I was over them, and some which just did not even bother and stayed blurry all the time.As much as I hate the thought of it but I may have to go over to FSX and give it a try, I am loathe to lose all my addons though :(

You might want to try re-installing or trying new video drivers. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest using Driver Cleaner Pro to clean out any remnants of previous drivers - this is especially important if you have had both ATI and Nvidia drivers installed on your system. I recently switched back to an older ATI driver, quit trying to utilize these new forms of AA, like Adaptive and EATM, and it has helped tremendously with the blurries. I still have some "ATI shimmer" at lower altitudes, but it has gotten much better further up.Hope it helps.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.10's6xAA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest TomOOO

Maybe it is a driver problem, if you are getting different amountsof blurries.

Guest nihongo

>Mike and Gary. Below is a link that has some great CFG tweeks>you can try. They are from Koorby, one of the developers of>VOZ. I used these and pretty much eliinated my bluries and I>don't have much of a computer, in fact it's 4 years old but is>running FS9 really well.>>http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/show...?threadid=25421>>Hope this helps.>>SeanI really think (if things can get stickied) this thread is one of the most useful threads on Avsim, ever. I have only got several photo sceneries I bought, but after getting the France VFR North Alps Pack, all my textures were so blurred, I had to be within 500m of them for them to load! And when I landed at LFLB (similar to Innsbruck, but in Chamberry) I was wondering, the screenshots on France VFRs were so great, but mine were not.I put several things to use which I found on this [edit] thread. Most were the fs9.cfg file, thanks to koorby's tuning guide, I have now excellent visuals.