Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Water/shipping problem

Hi. I recently downloaded some ships, hovercraft and the like from the file library. Mostly for AI, but also some higher spec models: I have some nice FS9 scenery installed at harbours, canals and so on and thought I could sail some of the shorter distances instead of fly.All is great with the boats (I am chugging down the Panama Canal, with scenery from panamacanal.zip installed, as I write this), but when I try hovercraft or hydrofoils, once they get up to speed they suddenly bounce up into the air and continue bouncing, trampoline style, hundreds of feet up and down until I end the flight -er, sail ...I've seen this before with a/c at a number of add-on airports where an aircraft hits an area not marked as real, solid ground. But as ships sail across the same areas of water OK, that can't be the problem here. (Is all water sailable in FS9 BTW?).Does anyone know how to fix this problem?Thanks,MartinP.S. I have to slew over the locks in canals. Don't suppose anyone has created any nice animated ones????

Guest wji

"(Is all water sailable in FS9 BTW?)."Surprise! most AI ships are merely taxiing to the AF2 runway.With Detect Crash OFF obstacles shouldn't be problemI've created many AI ships sailing waterways and with the flightplans set to IFR and the red holdshort node missing, they just taxi out and sit there at the (invisible) runway. Cool. Oddly enough though, using a VFR flightplan or including the red holdshort node, I've seen the 700ft. Hama ships take right off! Now that is NOT cool. :-)

I have crash detection off but my hovercrafts suddenly find themselves hundreds of feet up in the air (I don't mean take off) and ping pong until I stop the flight....