Sign in to follow this  
slait

Problem with Flightscenery KPDX

Not sure how to describe this, but I have a problem where add ons such as Radar contact, Flight Keeper and even my Civa INS system can't detect KPDX. I can go there from the FS menu, but Radar Contact doesn't detect it, Flight Keeper shows a blank airport, and my Civa INS won't align. Very confusing. Has anyone seen this before?

- Aaron

Go to the RC support forum on AVSIM and search for KPDX. You'll find some answers that will help you, probably more then just on RC.For RC replace your makerwys.exe in your FS9 folder with this version:http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/MakeRunways_Beta_398.zipFor the other programs rename the AF2 file (I think it was that) by putting a ! or z in front of the name. Then rebuild your FS9 scenery index followed by an RC scenery rebuild. Run any rebuild utilities on your other programs.See if that helps.

Thank you, I'll give it a try. Unfortunately the link you list doesn't seem to work.

- Aaron

Try the attached v 3993. _Make sure you rename the current version so you can revert to it if necessary._Remember this is a beta version and it is current. I have used it with no damage that I've detected. It may become the current 4.00 official release.You can get but not install the RC 4.2 to 4.3 update (for FSX) from here and just extract makerwys.exe ONLY which is 397. It is a quick download:www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv4_3843.zipDO NOT INSTALL THE OTHER FILES!!!Also, remembering to add the ! before the afcad file name might help with your other programs. It was the workaround until makerwys was updated.Also get the current FSUIPC 3.74 from here while you are at it:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlMove your current FSUIPC.DLL out of your FS Modules folders and place the new .dll only one there. RC will continue to register itself and if you have purchased your own registration it should continue to work.

Excellent, thanks for the help!

- Aaron