Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

A look at reviews of FSX

>That's just a myth. On the day FS9 was released, there wasn't>a single person on the planet who could run it with "all the>sliders maxed."Hi Bill,I do not agree completely.At the time FS9 was released, a top of the line system was a P4 3.2GHz (or AthlonXP 3200+), Radeon 9800Pro 128MB, 1GB DDR RAM.Now, I'm very demanding WRT performance (I need >30 FPS), but on such a system, a plain FS9 installation could be probably playable for most simmers even with all sliders maxed and at worst conditions (big airports, bad weather, etc.).And lowering just a pair of aimed sliders (e.g. view distance, ground shadows) it should be perfectly playable in any situation.I don't think this is the case with FSX on a 7-months-ago top-of-the-line hardware.Moreover, I think everyone agrees that even plain default FSX is still not playable at max settings, on current hardware (7 months after its launch). This were certainly not true for FS9 on a system available 7 months after the launch (say, Athlon 64 FX-53, Radeon 9800XT 256MB, 2GB RAM).Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Bill,The point is...if I am going to have to spend X thousands of dollars on a new system and negate all my payware for FS9...purchase all new payware for FSX...am I REALLY going to see an X thousands of dollars of difference? So far from everything I am reading and seeing I have to say not yet. Maybe 6 months or a year from now it will be a different story. I hope so because I would like to feel excited about the improvement, like I did with FS9.

>I do not agree completely.>At the time FS9 was released, a top of the line system was a>P4 3.2GHz (or AthlonXP 3200+), Radeon 9800Pro 128MB, 1GB DDR>RAM.>>Now, I'm very demanding WRT performance (I need >30 FPS), but>on such a system, a plain FS9 installation could be probably>playable for most simmers even with all sliders maxed and at>worst conditions (big airports, bad weather, etc.).>While my Athlon 64 3800/2Gig/Geforce 7600GS can run FS9 into the 70's, it can still bog down to the lower 20's or even teens with maxxed sliders, big airports, and especially bad weather. And this is below the fps point, where I want to run FSX at 25 to 35 fps.L.Adamson