Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Transfer Scenery files to new HD

Due to need of additional HD space on my master C- drive I transferred all my Scenery and Addon Scenery folders to a new USB HD. This freed up over 5 gigs of space. Also revised the scenery.cfg file,which remains on C drive. All appears to be working. My question is I originally installed Flight and Ground Environments on C Drive but not sure where the FE and GE files were installed. When I transferred my scenery folders to the USB HD did that take care of all the FE and GE files as well or should I try to uninstall FE and GE and reinstall? Thanks for any help,Carl

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You may need to reinstall, if only to `tell` FE and GE where to put the textures. Their replacement textures are actually held on the drive in their own separate folder, away from FS and only transferred to FS when you use the configuration tools. But those tools will currently be looking for the scenery folder in its previous location. There is no option in the those menus to change the location of the scenery file. But you might ask in the Flight 1 forums as there may be a way to do this in the Registry without needing to reinstall.Allcott

Allcott,Thanks for your help. I did go ahead and uninstalled FE and reinstalled. It was hard to follow exactly where all the files were going but most were going in texture folder and progam files in C Drive. Anyway I think things are ok with FE. GE maybe a little more difficut. I know some of the files are going into the scenery folder which I have transferred. Will do some more research.Carl