Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Gauge that shows all default GPS *legs* on one screen?

Hello everyone.Please look at this screenshot of the default GPS. The first screen shows the default view.Below that is what you see when you press the FPL button.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...PSOnescreen.jpgYou can see that I have circled some items in red - I am looking for a gauge that can show all those items on *ONE* screen.Freeware or payware...does one exist? Thanks :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Glen Copeland produces some really interesting gauges and this might be one he does.Failing that, a slightly tongue-in-cheek suggestion would be to add in another GPS in a window (and icon) which you could call up and then have on the other page you want to see.Andy.

Not to sound condescending...But is there a reason why you don't want to scroll through the list with the cursor knob? It's pretty quick and fast.. especially if you use the scrolling wheel on your mouse!The real-world GPS that this is modelled from (and also the GNS 430/530) don't show the entire plan on a single page... you have to scroll through them. Even a real FMS has the plan in multiple pages.I know it's a pain in the rear to have to use the cursor knob to scroll through a plan, but it's true to life...Barring that, I don't know of any program that shows the plan on a single screen.Sorry..Alex

Hi,<<>>>>Now, I don't know Nevin at all!; but what I think I know is he likes to ask interestingly quirky questions and this, to me, is one of those! So, as to there being a 'reason', I would think not; it's just a question that needed to be asked and we are here merely to try our best to respond with practical solutions. If possible.Andy.'one of the duties of an honest man is not to try to rise in the heirarchies of power'. ....from 'against the day' by thomas pynchon.

Andy - Hee hee thanks for replying...yours is a good suggestion and I've already been doing that - created two GPS pop-ups so I keep the top-down and flight-leg display going at the same time! Thanks for mentioning Glen Copeland, I will search for his gauges now! By the way I was playing around with FS Panel Studio and came across another default GPS...it looks like an LCD screen and if I understand it right - it seems to show just the closest airports to you and points to the selected one with an arrow. Perfect for plooting around in a Maule or Cub. Woot http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-028.gifAlex - Yea I know what you mean but Im not really concerned with the realism of the GPS interface in FS9. If I had a physical GNS 430 peripheral (like there are yokes, throttle quadrants etc) *then* that would work cuz you would get the nice tactile feedback of turning knobs etc. Right now everythings with the mouse button :) Problem is I *hate* pop-up windows http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sauer/angry-smiley-044.gif hee hee. I like having as much as I can on the panel itself and it does not matter if it looks crammed. One of the first things I do once I download a new plane/panel is to get rid of all the extra windows (throttle quad, bitmaps, overhead, radio panel etc) - and with that in mind it would be wicked to have all the legs of the chosen route on one screen that I can stick on the corner of the panel with good ol'FS Panel Studio.

Hi,I thought I'd had an original thought then with the 2 GPSs' idea....oohh well, back to the box in the cellar for another fortnight of heavy thinking for another idea... Glenn Copeland is his correct name! and his Terravue and Sals are just 2 that might help you. He also has interesting looking tutorials to help you make your own gauges!<<>>>How do you communicate if you get rid of the radios etc??Good Searching,Andy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------How do you communicate if you get rid of the radios etc??-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I don't use ATC of any kind hee hee. The only radio I need is NAV1 (for the ILS)I just stick the default 737 or 777s NAV 1 on the panels of most of the airliners :)

Hi,You're putting the lives of all your pax in very serious jeppardiy with this wilful ignoring of ATC. We all have experience of these agency pilots in the AI planes flying willy-nilly and hows-your-father without a care in the world, landing on top of us, overtaking underneath, flying 5 a breast etc etc! I expect Glenn has some sort of TCAS gauge your insurers should demand you fit asap.:-outta Andy