Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

file extensions ?

I was running filemon and noted, besides the FS9 files, that some reads were from McShield.exe 1716. When I doubled clicked those reads it took me to the Scenery>World>texture folder.The majority of the files in Scenery>World>texture folder have .bmp for the extension. BUT I have well over 100+ files that have an .agn extension. For example 004B2an1.agn . Does anyone know if .agn is the correct extension for those files or do I have to change them to .bmp to stop McShield.exe from trying to read them ?thanksDaryll

Hi Daryll,the .agn files are the autogen definitions for some of the .bmp texture file sets which constitute the FS ground textures. They determine where trees and buildings are being placed so you definitely want to keep those.You might be able to convince your virus scanner to ignore specific folders or file endings. Not sure if/how that would work in McAfee though.Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,I use autostart but don't shut down McAfee in that program. I have been shutting down (exiting) McAfee and Webroot Spy sweeper from the task bar but apparently that is not disabling it.

the latest version of mcafee security center cannot be shut down with autostart nor from the taskbar. is also will not keep the program from running. mcafee created this 'service' to keep the user from being hacked ... one can tell the mcafee programmers don't FS and therefore don't understand FSers need for all CPU power (and not wanting every file 'OKed' before being used by the computer).you must shut down all mcafee services using the 'run' command from the start menu. type 'services.msc' in the command line. in the opened window stop all mcafee services.after you quit FS you will need to go back and start all mcafee services ... the services will not even restart after a reboot (so much for a anti-virus/hacker program that is easy to use).use at your own risk. not responsible for thing that happens to you, your computer, dog, car, house, city, county, state, country, nation or world.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks Scoob, it's good to know this and I will try it. It could be a source of my occasional micro stutters. In a fixed view, without any panning around, I want my scenery to pass under the wing as smooth as butter.