Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Tileproxy, A question/Warning?

I have recently been off of the Boards for a couple of weeks and ran into this one yesterday while trying to catch up. While I have FSX on my system, I rarely fly it because I still find my FS9 setup more fun as apparently have many people. I do visit the FSX Forum on occasion, but still spend most of my time here.I noticed the positve ( largely) comments about a program called TileProxy, which apparently interacts with the photo imagery of G**gle Earth and similar. I was curious and downloaded the program and installed it as instructed. After the installation, I noticed that not only would FSX not load, but FS9 also would not load. Removal of TileProxy resolved the issue with both programs.I do not know if this has been previously reported, but as I suspect that there are any number of FS9 users who also have FSX ( whether they use it or not) I feel that I should at least post my experience as a potential caution.I like the concept of TileProxy and hope that someone has a suggestion to overcome the issue.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi I have both FSX & FS9 both within microsoft games directory on the same drive using tileproxy does not cause me any problems. If you point your FS9 scenery to the the tileproxy world folders for the areas which have bmps created surprise surprise they work, watch out for effect of addons maybe better with a plain install. John bj545