Sign in to follow this  
Guest magnum_force

Cargo Fight plans

Guest magnum_force

What an ingrate I am. I dont want to sound ungrateful to all the excellent flight plans released by the fight planners, but why do the Cargo's get overlooked, examples being--Atlas, Express.net, Amerijet, and several others.MRAI was keeping them up to date until they folded shop. I know it is hard to do Ad-Hoc Cargo with no real schedules.So it would be "a best guess" proposition at best.Too bad, I liked keeping my cargos current. Seems all my fp's are two years or older for several cargo charters.

most flight planners active now don't like to guess, so companies with no real schedules get overlooked

The web site http://flightaware.com/live/ tracks all flights in N. America, including cargo. Say you wanted a Fedex flightplan, check out KMEM and it will list all departing and arriving flights. Find a Fedex flight and click on the flight number, that will give you a list of all the Fedexx flights.D. Fisher

Guest Camsdad

Check out World of AI (WOAI) They have UPS, Fed Ex, and a number of others. Download the WOAI installer then the plans for the aircarrier you want. It installs everything, flight plans and some really nice ai aircraft. You can find it here.

One of the main cargo plan writers a couple years ago is now only doing repaints - no more flight plans.Other than the addition of a new hub, a new contract with a major like UPS/FDX, or abandoning service to an area - 2 or 3 or 5 years old flight plans are usually as up to date as tomorrow's flight plans for an on demand cargo carrier.And just as wrong next week.One thing I do is to update the aircraft used when new repaints or models are available - i.e. the Arrow aircraft and Fly Tampa.I will occasionally add a few flights myself if I think they are necessary.

Guest magnum_force

Thanks for the nice replies, and I think I now understand why the more obscure cargo charters are not very well kept.(I like to read your posts Reggie, always informative. Just wanted to let you know.)I emailed Boris to do an update on one of the Cargo carriers, he never replied.No big deal. Boris did great flight plans, but his repaints are so awesome, it is hard to say I would want him to quit and do flight plans.Boris, if your out there, your work is very cool, and dead on balls accurate. That dude is awesome. As far a flight aware and doing my own flight plans, they dont seem to come out to good, but I do add occasional legs I think should be in every once in awhile, same as Reggie.There is so much to keep a person busy in FS that it is hard to find time to get good at scenery, flight plans, repaints, and still have time to do flight simming.Talk to you guys soonThanksRoger