Sign in to follow this  
Guest flapjack

EFIS default airport

I would like to change the practice airport from Bremerton to my home airport KILM (Wilmington, NC).I have opened the student folder in the flight instruction area, and studied the files for modification. Is it possible to do this?Can anyone provide any instruction as to which lines of code might be modified to accomplish this? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Why not just start a new flight from your desired airport then "save flight as: Practice flight" or what ever you wish?

:-) Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried this, and it works. I was hoping to find a means of modifying the entire flight instruction series to my home airport. (I'm just hardheaded that way). I opened the flt and abl files in a text editor, and modified everything which seemed location specific, as well as setting the radio stack to my local airport settings. When I went to the learn to fly instruction page, and started student pilot, landings #1 FS9 started up normally, and then gave a file corrupt warning. The file did open and place my airplane at the correct geodetic position and altitude. The instructor comments did not run. It seems that I am close, but no cigar!.I think if Microsoft had provided a method of choosing the local airport for flight instruction, it would have been an even greater barn-burner. Most of us would prefer to learn to fly at home!