Sign in to follow this  
Guest a319jockey

Installing FS9 in Vista-HELP!!!

Guest a319jockey

Does anyone know the proper way to isntall FS9 into Vista? This is really getting to be extremely frustrating for me. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I'm at the end of my rope!!!!

Guest yarvelling

It would help if you gave some explanation of the problems you're having......I installed it into Premium 64 by doing doing what you're supposed to do: insert CD1, click 'install', select destination drive, agree to various EULA's, etc....swap disc when requested. When complete, reboot (I nearly always do!), run the programme for a few mins, exit. Install 9.1 patch, reboot, rerun programme, start installing aircraft, sceneries, aI, etc, as required.No problems whatsoever.....

I have been running FS9 with Vista Ultimate since February. Just did a normal install. I did not install to the default directory under "C:Program Files", as Vista has some extra security for things in that directory tree. Maybe that is causing you some issue?

No problems here in Home Premium 64.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest a319jockey

Thanks for your help. When I initially installed and tested FS9 on my new rig, everything seemed to work fine. I had installed FS9 on my (C:) drive as the normal install, not the "custom" install option. I think that when I went to unistall FS9 from (C:) and reinstall on my (F:) drive, FS9 didn't completely unistall. Then, I loaded FS9 on my (F:) drive, and the troubles began. At the command to insert disk 4, I did as requested but the window poppeed back up requesting the same function be performed again. Then I tried unistalling FS9 from (F:), and reinstalling again. I found that there were some files still on (C:) that had not uninstalled. So long story short, I think I corrupted some of the root files and directory files in Vista, and thus my problems. I am planning on unistalling Vista and then reinstalling. Your thoughts????

Guest yarvelling

Good point about the extra securities in Vista....do have the UAC turned OFF yet? if not , that 'may' be preventing certain files from being uninstalled?Also possibly worth trying, is to remove FS9 as best you can completely, then use the 'system restore' tool to roll-back to a date BEFORE you first tried to install FS9, and then try installing to your F drive...

Guest a319jockey

I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate your help. Have you seen an improvement in frmae rate with Vista? I just built a new computer and I'm anxcious to see if there is any improvement on the FPS.

Guest a319jockey

Thanks Bryan.