Sign in to follow this  
Guest kilarney

Vista versus XP

Guest kilarney

I'm going to purchase a new computer in the next couple of months. Unfortunately, finding XP is getting to be more difficult. The computer I want is only available with Vista. How much of a performance hit can I expect using FS2004 with Vista versus XP? (assuming the same hardware is used) Have people noticed any difference?Thanks!

Guest geebeer2

I have just bought a new computer last week and it came with the Vista operating system. I have two other computers both using XP pro and at this point I still like the old system better. I know there is some comfort in using something your used to but it seems like Microsoft has gone out of there way to protect us from ourselves with Vista. Big brother is getting a bit heavy handed with this one and if I were to choose between the two, XP would be the choice.Best,A crabby Vista user

I have a friend that went to Vista. He's an expert and does not like the system at all. It improved the quality of graphics, but he hasn't said anything about frame rates.

Don't even think about gaming on Vista with 1GB ram. It uses 550mb just sitting doing nothing ! I'm running both in dual boot. To be honest I use XP 90% of the time right now. Ain't broke, don't fix....DX10, well that's obviously another matter altogether.....

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU