Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest panos

Time-acceleration on PSS panels (IF you want to know)

I think I figured a way out. As it is known, the PSS airbus series are hard to handle in time-acceleration, due to PSS's insist on real-simulation. I have no opinion on that matter. Some people prefer, by their own right, real-time. However, some people who are short of time, using FSP or other matters, want to avoid the crusing time.Anyway, I have these planes from PSS, but I prefer to merge them with other plane models, whist using the PSS panels. I have these configurations.Panel PlanePSS 757 = Posky 757Gets violent at 4X. Still haven't figured that out.PSS 777 = Meljet 777Can get up to 16x with no overall configuration.PSS A2X = IFDG A32XShaking at 4XPSS A32X = Overland A32xNo problems to 16XPSS A33X = Posky A33XCan get to 8X, but not abovePSS A33X = Overland A33XNo more than 4XHOwever, for the A33X case, theres a solution. After reaching crusing altitude, using the END and HOME keys to udjust the trim, take it to +2.5, and you'll see that the plane is shaking very little. Off course, you'll need to watch the trim values, as they would automatically start to drop, and it gets violent after +1.7. Just keep it within the range of 2.2 to 2.7, and you'll be great.And in the A32X series, you can change these figures (at your own risk) in the panel config. This was suggested previously by someone else before, thank him. [Window08]Background_color=16,16,16size_mm=1,1 = 2,2 <<-- From 1,1 , change it to 2,2 position=7visible=1ident=59

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry for replying to a 3.5-year old post, but I'd like to add something to this list, in case that someone sees it useful.Panel = PlanePSS A32x = Project Airbus A320Gets violent at 4x if using the PSS default autopilot settings. Aircraft may roll 120° or more in cruise. Project Airbus FDE, flap sections in aircraft.cfg modified according to http://forum.iemit.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=16201PSS A32x = PA A320Attitude stable up to 16x (tested with real WX), maybe up to 32x in clear weather. Using the same PA FDE, the following autopilot parameters were modified (Right-click on INIT in the MCDU):Pitch Elevator- Max Acceleration: 1.0- Deceleration zone: 3.0Roll Ailerons- Max Acceleration: 25.0- Deceleration zone: 6.0These settings were taken from reply #108 in this thread. N1 has frequent oscillations, airspeed decreases with time. Because of this, I have to reduce time compression until airspeed is back to normal. Will this work with the A330?Best regards from Colombia,Luis MiguelPS: This thread is for commenting on the "technical feasibility" of time acceleration with the PSS panels, not about the morality of time compression. There are lots of threads discussing if it's right or not to do so.