Sign in to follow this  
Guest kencr

AI assignments

Guest kencr

This might seem a pretty silly question, but I'm a novice at this game.Having downloaded a set of flight plans, I used a traffic editor to assign the correct aircraft, but one with a different AC# number to the one specified in the original file. Having done that, and saved both the aircraft and flightplan files with the new number, I then ran TrafficTools to compile the new file into a bgl.However when I did this, a dialog appeared (see attachment) which stated that the flightplan list contained an aircraft which was not in the aircraft.txt file. Which file does this refer to, and is it updated automatically, or do I have to do it manually for each and every set of flight plans ??

Guest Ocala 1

Any aircraft that you use in your flightplans.txt file must also be found in your aircraft.txt file which in your case you have named aircraft_air_hong_kong.txt. This aircraft must be listed in your aircraft.txt file EXACTLY as it is printed in the aircraft's aircraft.cfg file listed under TITLE=. If TTools cannot find the aircraft you have chosen it will give you this error you mention.Example....AC#1,50,"GY Blimp AI" [fltsim.0]title=GY Blimp AIsim=navblimpmodel=panel=sound=texture=kb_checklists=kb_reference=ui_manufacturer=GHAIui_type=Goodyear AIui_variation=description=natc_parking_types=Ramp GA Largeatc_parking_codes=HCCNotice the GY Blimp AI is identical in both the aircraft.cfg listed under TITLE and the aircraft.txt. Any deviation including a unwanted space after the AI and TTools cannot find the aircraft. Also note that when you list the aircraft in aircraft.txt something as simple as unknowingly adding a space after the title name will cause the same thing. Harold

The aircraft_xxx.txt file does not have AC#4780 in the file.The flightplan_xxxx.txt file has a flight assigned to AC#4780.You have to ensure that every AC# in the flightplan_xxxx.txt file has a corresponding AC# in the aircraft_xxxx.txt file.do I have to do it manually for each and every set of flight plans ??Yes

However, this can be done either way.Often, flightplans are set up for multiple variations of the same aircraft.e.g. here is part of the aircraft_southwest file for Southwest Airlines (of course)- all Boeing 737-300's, some with winglets, with different paint jobs.AC#8290,200,"AI WN 733 ARIZ1"AC#8291,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8292,200,"AI WN 733 CALIF1"AC#8293,200,"AI WN 733 TAN"AC#8294,200,"AI WN 733_BLUE_WINGLET_HEROES"AC#8295,200,"AI WN 733 LONESTAR"AC#8296,200,"AI WN 733 SHAMU1"AC#8297,200,"AI WN 733 SILV1"AC#8298,200,"AI WN 733_BLUE_WINGLET"AC#8299,200,"AI WN 733_BLUE_WINGLET"AC#8300,200,"AI WN 733 TAN"AC#8301,200,"AI WN 733 TRIPLECWN"Most of my Southwest flights will therefore look different, using different repaints from different texture files.But let's suppose you only have one standard blue Southwest repaint with the title=AI WN 733 BLUEI can EITHER go into the flightplan file and change all the relevant AC#'s to AC#8291 OR leave the flightplans alone and change the aircraft file so that it goes:AC#8290,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8291,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8292,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8293,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8294,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8295,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8296,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8297,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8298,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8299,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8300,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"AC#8301,200,"AI WN 733 BLUE"In either case, all your aircraft will now look identical using the same repaint - and will pretty blue overall!You'll notice I'm using AI WN 733_BLUE_WINGLET and AI WN 733 TAN twice - obviously I was a couple of repaints short.

ngxu_banner.png