Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kaitje

adjusting contactpoints for car

Guest Kaitje

Hi, i have a little question.I've downloaded an car that can float on water named Stalwart. but i have a problem, when i drive onto the water, the car floats above the water. in real world the wheels sink under water.so my question is, what can i change so the wheels sink under water?i hope you can help me,Greets Kaip.s. i'm dutch so my englisch isn't very good

>Hi, i have a little question.>>I've downloaded an car that can float on water named Stalwart.>but i have a problem, when i drive onto the water, the car>floats above the water. in real world the wheels sink under>water.>so my question is, what can i change so the wheels sink under>water?>>i hope you can help me,>>Greets Kai>>>p.s. i'm dutch so my englisch isn't very goodHello :)Where did you download the "Stalwart"?

Guest Kaitje

i've downloaded it from Simviation, http://www.simviation.com/downloads.hmtl then look in the FS2004 section for MISC, on page 14 you can download the Stalwart and on page 24 you can download a update so it can float in water. only when you look at the pictures that are included with the update, you see that on the pictures from realworld the stalwart sinks until cabin and in FS2004 it sinks almost nothing. and i hope that somebody knows how i can adjust the stalwart so it sinks until cabin, just like the real one :)i hope you like the stalwartgrtzz kai

Guest Kaitje

okay, thank you very much :)Grtzz Kai

I think I have fixed it!Download the file I have attached to this message. The Zip file contains the aircraft.cfg file, with modified contact points. Make a copy of your original file, just in case you don't like my file :-lolExtract the file into the Stalwart folder, and replace the existing file. Load FS2004, and hopefully enjoy :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175895.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175898.zipThe original file was by Malcolm Steck and Mitsuya

Guest Kaitje

Thank you very much :),I tried also to adjust the contactpoints but it didn't worked :(maybe i can help you with an problem ;)grtzz

Guest Kaitje

It doesn't work very well i think:P,when i drive into the water the stalwart bouncing up in the air, do you know what that is?grtzz kai

It works for me :-hmmmhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175928.jpgTry creating a new flight, and then tell me what happens! :)I'm sorry it isn't working - the contact points system in FS2002 and FS2004 should be identical. Maybe there is a difference in the "water line" simulation? :-hmmm

Guest Kaitje

I tried to reinstall FS9, make new flight with stalwart but still he's getting bounced up in the air when i drive into the water,:-hmmmDo you know how I can change the waterline simulation? :)grtzz kai

The "water line" simulation cannot be adjusted. I am really confused as to why it doesn't work in FS2004. I am sorry that I couldn't fix it for you :(. I hope to buy FS9 very soon, and hopefully I can get the Stalwart working for you :)

Guest Kaitje

okay, at least thank you for trying ;), sorry for the late respond, i was on holliday :)grtzz kai

That bounce seems to be the way FS9 handles the transition from land to water and back. it does the same with an amphibian plane. try taxiing the caravan amphibian into or out of the water, you will notice the same bounce.

I think you're right, John :). The transition between land and water cannot be adjusted :(. Try starting from the water, and my contact points work nicely ;)