Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

How to join both FS2004 and FSnavigator at once?

Ey all,Short question:My FS2004 multiplayer works just fine (on port 23456).. now today i've tried to join with FSnavigator as well, so that i can see the other MP planes on FSnavigator.However i can only seem to join FSnavigator (on 23456 instead of the default 23432) when i did not join FS2004 multiplayer session.When i join FS2004 and then try to join FSnavigator, it crashes. When i search on the default port it doesnt find anything.Also when i first join FSnavigator on 23456 and then try to join FS2004, it doesnt find it either.How can i host FSnavigator on port 23432 instead of 23456?thanks!

Why not ask on the FSnav forum?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest deKoven

Your other online buddies will NOT like you for doing this. For some reason it bollixes up things for everyone when you try to do this online. Sad but true.It's one of the things I do wish could be fixed.FSNav can certainly be used while online but don't try to couple it to the others who are online with you. Only time I've ever found it useful is for flying with one other person, "mentoring" them through a flight (or being mentored, of course.):D

Well yes, im playing with only 1 playerBut i want to see eachother in game, and also be able to see eachother on FSnavThis isn't possible??

Guest deKoven

>Well yes, im playing with only 1 player>But i want to see eachother in game, and also be able to see>eachother on FSnav>This isn't possible??Yes, it is possible. Hmmm, I was speaking of the general case where one is flying with a number of other people such as a "flying club". The case you describe is the one area that would be OK. Joining them together is on the FSNav menu. I forget now but it's something like "Connection" on the FSN menu.:D

Okay, this is what you do.First of all one of you creates a m/player session.The other connects to you via your 'I.P' number. (You can find this out by typing 'ip config' in your 'dos' box)The other guy connect's to you and his FSnav by clicking on 'Connect Multiplayer and also within your FSnav, after typing your 'IP' address in his multiplayer box.After you have done that you both click on the icon at the bottom right-hand side that shows the two plane icons. You will then see each other.Hope this helps?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I've tried that, but it will crash when i try to join with FSnav when im already connected in FS2004. (im not the host)When i dont connect in FS2004, joining in FSnav will work, though i can only see him and he cannot see me.The when i try to join in FS2004 the regular way, it doesn't find the session anymore.;/Btw, you can't find your IP via ipconfig because that's your internal IP

>I've tried that, but it will crash when i try to join with>FSnav when im already connected in FS2004. (im not the host)>When i dont connect in FS2004, joining in FSnav will work,>though i can only see him and he cannot see me.>The when i try to join in FS2004 the regular way, it doesn't>find the session anymore.>;/>>Btw, you can't find your IP via ipconfig because that's your>internal IPSquishy,That is true, it is your internal IP but you didn't say who the host was so, I assumed that you were hosting?Well, the host needs to inform you of the IP he is using so that you can connect using his IP in the multiplayer session address bar.If your host doesent have all the icons pushed in or the double aicraft button pushed in on the rh side of his screen he'll never see you.I respectfully suggest that you take some time out of flying and download the instruction files in PDF form that will enable you to use all the benefits of using FSnav.Don't worry your just one of many that hasn't bothered. LOL ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png