Sign in to follow this  
Hakkie

ATI 9x00 Series and Alt-Tab from FS2002 hangup solved

Hi all,Like many of you I'm very happy with my ATI card. I changed from nVidia Geforce 2 Pro 64MB to the ATI Radeon 9500 Pro. What a difference in both FPS and quality! However, like again many other ATI 9x00 users I also suffered from intermittent lockups or black screens when performing Alt-Tab to another program from FS2002 in fullscreen. I'm very happy that this problem disappeared after I installed the ATI Catalyst 3.1 driver and control panel. I first did a complete de-install of the existing Catalyst 3.0 package and made sure the Standard VGA (PCI) driver was in use. Then I installed Catalyst 3.1 and the corresponding control panel as per ATI instructions. Since then, no more lockups nor blackscreens when switching to other applications from a fullscreen FS2002 session. Great! I hope the v3.1 package solves this issue for everbody.Just to let you know: My system only had the ATI drivers installed. As the change to ATI also included a motherboard (Asus A7N8X) change I completely re-installed WindowsXP Pro SP1 etc. So possible remainders of nVidia drivers (as many have suggested) can not have been the cause of my Alt-Tab problem. Anyway, Catalyst 3.1 fixed it. :-ukliam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!