Sign in to follow this  
Guest blackrose1973

FS9 freezes/crashes under Vista

Hi there.I was wondering if anyone could help me with an annoying problem I'm having. I'm running FS2004 (FS9) under Microsoft Windows Vista and every now and then the simulator will freeze and the sound it was playing at the time will keep repeating, rather like a stuck record! There is no way out of it except to pull the plug out!! I have an ATI Radeon graphics card and Realtek High Definition audio - latest drivers for both these are already installed. The problem seems to occur mostly when playing back videos through FSRecorder, but not exclusively so. Has anyone come across this or has any information about this problem? The subject may be misleading as I am not sure it's a Vista problem, but everything else seems to be!Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the same sound card and haven't had any problems with it under Vista. How much RAM do you have?I'm not an ATI guy -- but I would start looking there first, have you tried any other drivers, maybe a version or two back?Also -- are you running FS9 with the update (released way back in '04)? You can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en