Sign in to follow this  
Guest KSDFLJ35

Problems with Lonny Payne's 757 fs2004 panel.

Guest KSDFLJ35

After I installed this panel with the POSKY 757 the rudder doesn't seem to work. The turn coordinator on the panel also doesn't move at all. The readme said to switch the provided aircraft.cfg with the one included with the panel download, but won't that cause some problems? I'm using customized flight dynamics and I think his .cfg file is for a PW powered 752, while the one I'm using is for a RR powered one. So I'm a little confused here.

That panel works perfectly IF you follow the install directions. The docs provide the details. Belive his original panel came with a TWA 757 that was PW powered.Jim Harnes

Guest KSDFLJ35

I explained this.. I wanted to use it with the RR powered one from POSKY. I wanted to know if that was possible.

Lonny's panel can be used with any aircraft with the appropriate acft.cfg modifications outlined in his documentation.However, as I recall the limited-function FMC is programmed for the original aircraft he supplied, so you will most likely see FMC performance differences with a RR powered 757. That should not keep you from using and enjoying that great freeware panel.Jim Harnes

Guest KSDFLJ35

So I took a closer look and it turns out the rudder does work, but the turn coordinator on the panel doesn't work. I saw another post here where somebody mentioned that. The ball just stays in the center all the time, even if you put in full rudder deflection. Just a bad gauge?