Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Textures For FSX Converts

As some become discouraged with the constant struggle with FSX they return to FS9. The standard FS9, of course, lacks the photo style textures and that may make them "homesick". Sascha Rieger, here at AVSIM has a set of FS9 photo textures that cures that yearning for me. While this may be old news, those recent returning simmers may not know about the package. I highly recommend it.If you miss the high resolution yet another solution by Gottfried Razek is also at AVSIM. His photo scenery will give you 1.1 meter per pixel photo coverage exactly the same as FSX. You cannot tell the difference. Both the San Francisco and Los Angeles areas are well covered.Since I upgraded to a Core2Duo, e4400 clocked at 2.6ghz, I was surprised when I saw 40fps using FS9 and all sliders to the right and all boxes checked. Makes FS9 worth some time to see what it can do with new goodies. Regards,Dick BoleyA PC, an LCD, speakers, CH yoke

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I've got nothing negative to say about FSX. I like it. And with an AMD 6000+ and an 8800 GTX the frame rates are excellent. But I've found with my new rig that I can push all the FS9 sliders all the way to the right and still get frame rates you can't complain about. And with a TrackIR device I reckon FS9 will give FSX a run for it's money for a long time to come. It's got me thinking though. In a couple of years from now, when FS11 is released I'll get a nice new rig and see just what FSX is capable of.Mike.

Mike Beckwith