Sign in to follow this  
postpone

Mesh problem

Hi folks,I have seen many posts re this and tried many cfg settings but still cant cure the 'tearing' problem in Fs9.I have the FS Global SE mesh (76m) very good it is too, I havemy cfg settings thus:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.50000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=3.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1anyone any thoughts on the cfg....?the readup says it has 'Double Render' I guess this is a 'buffer' mesh which I thought were designed to cure this problem or am I off the mark there.Also I see a funny quirk when flying namely a drop or rise in my Altimeter reading as scenery pops up/down as I travel along, this may be a 100 feet on occasion, anyone else have this occur..?thanks in advance for any assistance.best to all, cheers,

Hello Steve,the setting causing the blue slivers in the terrain is TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS. Values higher than about 3.5 can create problems unless you have "buffer" mesh files, which are mesh files compiled from the same source data but at a lower resolution (FSX has integrated this approach in its new mesh format).More information here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchThere are other potential causes for mesh tearing but you'd have to show us a screenshot of the issue for us to tell the difference.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,Thanks for your assistance much appreciated, I'll have another tweak and see what the results are, will post a screen if no improvement.cheers,

Hi folks,Seems a TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS setting of 2.5 has cured my 'tearing'so sign on a 2 hour flight at FL350 with the FS Global mesh.thanks again to Holger for his assistance.cheers,