Sign in to follow this  
FOD

Project Canarias 2006 Problem

Tried to install this great looking package several times but I am getting an error during the "uncompressing seasonal textures" section of the install. When it reaches the following file:012123111023211su.bmp > 012123111023211sp.bmpI get an error message "Access Denied"; I hit "ok" and immediately get the same message for the next texture file. If I continue to press ok {hold down ENTER} the installer finally finishes and I can use the scenery. But it seems that I have missed several hundred textures! Looking in the fs9 folder back up, there are 242 texture back up files.Grateful for any help on what's going - I have also tried a manual install but could not get this to work.Many thanksJohn Rooum

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think i have the same issue but i cant be certain as its in spanish or something how did you get it in english ? It must be a issue with the download i would assume.

I have now tried it on a separate system with a clean FS9 installation. Had the same problem so I guess that its a bug in the original package.BTW other than the first dialgue box, all the rest of the installation is in English.John R

I had the same. In my case, it was because I was trying to install it on a hard drive formatted in FAT32. FAT32 has a limit to the number of files it can store in a single folder, and the Project Canarias installer attempts to breach that limit. The only solution that I am aware of is to install it on a drive formatted in NTFS.Martin