Sign in to follow this  
Guest LONEDOVE

737 Panels

Hi all,I have the SKYDECKS 737 panel in most my 737's, but was wondering if there is any way to cut down on the loading time..I know there is alot of stuff to load especially with the overhead panel....or is there another panel that you'all like and could suggest that has VC or does not have VC....just curious....ThanksJimMesa, Arizona

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since the skydecks panel uses XML gauges, one thing you could do to make it load quicker would be to extract the .cab file containing the gauges to a subfolder of the panel folder with the same name as the .cab.I've tried out the demo version of this panel, so here's an example based on what I know about the demo:Gauges are primarily contained in Boeing737-NGks.cab which resides in the main gauges folder.Panel folder is "...Flight Simulator 9AircraftSkyDecksB737-NGksTherefore you'd first create a new folder in B737-NGks named "Boeing737-NGks". Then find Boeing737-NGks.cab in the main gauges folder and drag it into a Winzip window. Extract the .cab to your new "Boeing737-NGks" folder with "use folder names" checked. Delete or otherwise remove Boeing737-NGks.cab from the main gauges folder.The idea being that the panel will now load quicker since it doesn't need to extract the .cab to RAM each time you load the panel, instead it can access the gauges directly. It works, the panel will load quicker, but you probably won't see a "night & day" difference.Panels don't really "have" or "not have" a VC. The model itself "has" or "doesn't have" a VC, but on models that do feature a VC, the panel.cfg must be written in such a way as to take advantage of it or else no gauges will show on the VC panel. Generally the model & panel must be matched on VC equipped aircraft.As an alternate to the Skydecks panel you may want to look at "PS Panels" 737NG panel which was recently released as freeware:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootJim

Jim,Thanks very much for your help...appreciated !JimMesa, Arizona