Sign in to follow this  
Guest pete1

engine shutdown problems

HI all, I have a problem with the ifdg md11.I am unable to shutdown the starboard engine.The switches on the throttle quad read cutoff ,the port side and rudder engines shutdown but not the starboard one.It doesnt matter which repaint of this model i use,the problem is common to all of them.Please help ! Many thanks,Pete.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just thought of something,Im guessing that this has something to do with the fact that the model is using the 777 panel and as this is a 2 engine aircraft it is counting the port side and rudder engines as 1 and 2,is there any way to config the model to recognize the port and rudder engines as singular so that the starboard engine can be controlled ? And i should have mentioned earlier that im talking about the thai airways repaint in particular,as its the first one i spotted this problem on.

You're right about the default 777 panel ignoring the 3rd engine. I'm sure you could find an engine 3 fuel cutoff gauge from another aircraft and add it to the 777 panel somehow, but you should really try the freeware ACS-MD11-PANEL for this model. The panel is excellent and of course has everything you need for a tri-jet. The iFDG MD-11 simply isn't complete without this panel.http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...md11-panel.htmlThis is a fairly complex panel and requires a bit of learning. The instructions are in "Frenglish" and quite extensive so I copied them to an HTML file formatted to fit the kneeboard so I could read them in flight. You can download this file from the link below if you want, instructions for making it available on the kneeboard are in the readme included in the .zip file.ACS_knee_ref.zipJim