Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Twitchy 747-200 (RFP)

Hi,When flying the now free RFP, did anyone have problems with the twitchy and almost uncontrollable a/p in FS2004?When I us it, its often nose diving or sharp climbs.. I dont seem to be able to tame it, only when using VS its doable, but it seems to mee that the FDE is very tail heavy.Do you see the same? and/ or found a solution?Otherwise its a great panel, but it lacks somewhere in the a/p.JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE..http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been flying the RFP 747-200 for quite some time now in FS9. It takes a lot of practice to master the FFRATS part of the autopilot. It's very complex to use and if you don't follow procedures or if it's not set up and used correctly, you'll get all sorts of wild pitch and speed behavior.Be sure you get ALL the manuals for the autoflight system since I would never be able to fully explain the complexity of using this autopilot/auto throttle setup. It took me a lot of study and practice before I really mastered it's use and even then, I will still get an occasional pilot induced problem with speed or pitch, especially on takeoff and climb. It demands a lot of pilot focus. If you can figure it out, you will get a sense of accomplishment. Kim