Sign in to follow this  
sascha

UT Europe places random autogen trees in FS9

Hi all, I have just purchased UT terrain and immediately noticed a problem which I cannot solve: there are misplaced autogen trees all over the place. By this I mean trees are not next to roads or on treelines but appear in fields and such. I have posted screenshots below for comparison.What could be the reason for this? I would appreciate any help!Thanks! SaschaBoth screenshots at the same place in Germany in the vicinity of Berlin (where I live)!The first screenshot with Frank Barth's fine freeware landclass - no problems! Trees placed beside roads, on forest textures etc. :) http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179211.jpgThe second screenshot using UT Europe enhanced landclass - trees appearing everywhere! :-eek http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179212.jpgThey seem to be placed on an invisible forest as they appear in large patches...:-hmmm

Hi Sascha,I suspect the issue is not with UT but with the replacement ground textures you're using. Those are FScene, correct?UT doesn't provide autogen annotation files for the "generic" ground textures so it can't be directly responsible for the sudden appearance of those trees. However, UT comes with its own land class file and it will likely call different ground textures (plus autogen) than Frank's file. My guess is that there are actually two different classes (ground texture sets) shown in your comparison image. The one in the first image has a correct autogen annotation file whereas the one in the UT shot uses the same textures but an incorrect autogen file. As for a work-around: you can deactivate the UT land class in the configurator (uncheck "Enhance City/Town Landclass"). In that way Frank Barth's land class file will be used again.For a true solution, provided that my guess is correct, you'd have to hunt down the FScene class with the wrong autogen file and swap it with the better version. Or, you could ask Ruud for help with that in the FScene support forum at simFlight.comCheers, Holger

Thanks for the reply. No, the autogen annotations are correct - I am sure because the textures are a set including custom autogen I am developing myself right now (realitypack x-tended version - I checked all the annotation files in question and they are all o.k.Cheers,Sascha

Hello Sascha,hmmm... so are those agn files of yours in SceneryWorldtexture or in a custom folder? Maybe FS gets confused as to which agn file to load? Or, perhaps, there's a local conflict with the two custom land class sets that UT includes, harbors and industrial areas? They use texture/agn sets 034b and 038b, respectively. You could try turning off those in the UT config menu as well.Cheers, Holger