Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

Advice wanted please

Guest rafvr

I have suddenly started to get the following error message when I try to load FS9Your computer appears to be out of available Memory. You may not have enought spare hard drive space - use Disk Clean and try again etc etc etc.Whereas at the same time I have 800+ Mb of available Memory and 78Gb of spare HD space.I would be grateful if anyone can help me solve this problem so I can get back to flying once againMany thanksrafvr

You might have an issue with the following:1. Too many resident programs that are not reporting their memory usage (footprint) correctly.2. You have picked up viruses that are masking their footprint.3. You need to repair or optimize your REGISTRY.I can suggest WinASO for that. It is a great program that removes 'garbage' from your REGISTRY that is/can slow your system down.I use it once a week, and have fantastic performance in FPS from FS9 and general system input/output.All of the above is most that I can think of that *might* be contributing and/or causing your problem.Mitch

>I can suggest WinASO for that. It is a great program that>removes 'garbage' from your REGISTRY that is/can slow your>system down.>Do you mean the program Advanced System Optimizer?

>>I can suggest WinASO for that. It is a great program that>>removes 'garbage' from your REGISTRY that is/can slow your>>system down.>>>>Do you mean the program Advanced System Optimizer?>-------------------------------------------Here is the link to the program I use regularly each week.http://www.winaso.com/

Guest deKoven

Hmmm, I had this some time back. I did a good disk defrag and tried again. No soap. Finally backed up some things and did a complete re-install of FS. Not really helpful. Then did a complete reinstall of the operating system. That did the trick. I really hope you don't have to go through the same. I've gotten so that reinstalling the op sys is sort of second nature now.:D

Look back a few threads and there is a really long discussion of this error. One of the most helpful threads I've ever read here.Juanita

Guest rafvr

Thanks guys - I`ll try out Winaso and also try to find the previous thread.Strange thing is that I have another installation of FS9, called FS9 Military Aircraft and this runs OK rafvr