Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

FS9 Add-ons

Guest flightsimmernick

Hello all,I am in the process of looking for a new computer (mainly to run fs and a few other games). I have been looking around at posts (on this forum and other reviews) and have a pretty good idea of what I am looking for. Hopefully I will be sorted by Christmas. I am after some advice regarding add-ons! I will be going to a gamers show next week and I will have my eyes peeled for some good buys and just wanted to know what fs add-ons (freeware or payware) come recommend and what I should be looking for? I have had a look around at some reviews in general but just wondered what if there were any overwhelming victors? This will also act as a good

Guest flightsimmernick

Sorry forgot to mention that I have not bought add ons for 2 or more years, hense the question. I think the last add on I bought was the PSS A330/340 package. Looking for recommendations on all types though (as I dont have many now) (scenery, aircraft, utilities, textures etc). Thanks again people :-)

Guest ThrottleUp

This will help you:http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index...howtopic=118710And IMHO you must try this plane out, Rick Pipers excellent HS748 (if you like turboprops that is!). A wonderful piece of work, great VC and the RR Dart sounds are spot-on (no other turbine engine sounds as good as the Dart!)http://classicbritishfiles.com/components/...2/th_832_01.jpgGrab em here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=fs2004ac:)

Guest flightsimmernick

Ahh Thanks Gary Thats exactly what I was looking for (must have missed that in the lit) Thanks again! :-)

Guest jboweruk

I guess it really depends on your favourite kind of flying, ie low and slow or high and commercial.I can only recommend some of my own personal favourites but you would have to see if you like the look of them first:bush airports: Georender series.Large commercial airports: Any FlyTampaGlobal mesh: FSGlobal 2008weather: ACtivesky 6.5ATC: Radar Contact 4.3Small single prop: Beech A36 from Dreamfleetvintage single: Tiger Moth (Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight)Vintage twin prop: MAAM Sim Dakota DC3Small twin: Dreamfleet Baron 58, Flight1 Cessna 421, FSD Seneca Vsingle Turboprop: Flight1 Pilatus PC12, Feelthere Caravan Deluxe!Twin Turboprop: Aeroworx B200 King AirCommercial Turboprop: Flight1 ATR 72-500 (among the best imho)Military transport: Captainsim/Just Flight Hercules C130.Commercial twin jet: PMDG 737, Feelthere PIC 737 series and/or Airbus Series 1 (also by Feelthere)Commercial large twin: Level D 767 (hard to beat)Commercial large airliner: PMDG 747-400, Ready for Pushback 747-200, and if it's as good as series 1 take a look at Airbus Series 2.These are personal preferences, I mention the series 2 airbus though I don't have that, but I do have the series 1 which covers the baby airbuses, and that's so far the best Airbus I have, I would imagine series 2 will be similar in quality.For cheap military aircraft when you just want to do an airshow or buzz around then you can do a lot worse than Alphasim. They may be cheap but the quality is coming on leaps and bounds with each new release.

I have Flight Enviroment, Ground Enviroment Pro, FS Genesis and their Mesh, Very nice scenery. Ultimate Traffic, Active Sky 6.5 and LOVE them very much. I use alot of Eaglesoftdg aircraft very very good stuff. I absolutely LOVE the Citation X. A new version is due out soon very high tech and all this stuff is FPS freinly on my PC.I have over 1500 hours in all of the Flight sims combinde.Scot.