Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

FSHotseatFX

Guest GA Flyer

Anybody know the status of this product/website. It seems to be down or no longer supported which is a huge shame. Its a great addon. I cant install my download of this software because it needs to up link with the maker which seems to be no more.

Hi,The web page is still up, although they haven't responded to any forum posts in ages. Last time I needed to install it on a new computer I sent a message to supportSFX@FSHotSeat.comand they cleared my reg code to allow it.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

When I last re-installed FSHotseat earlier this year I got a very prompt answer from the developer with my registration number. But you have to use the email adress Tom wrote.I just re-installed everything on my flightsim computer from scratch and two days ago when I re-installed FSHotseat I for some reason tried the original serial number I received, and it was accepted! :) That's kind of strange since it's a totally different computer from what I have when I first purchased the add-on.I do experience some problems with the sounds from aircrafts disappearing when I turn my view against them (with trackir), but that's another issue.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest jboweruk

Unfortunately as I've found to my regret it doesn't work in Vista :(A real shame as it was one of the best CP and environment programs out there in so many ways, I think partly down to it's simple approach.

Guest GA Flyer

I tried the email link and it kicked it back, if I try and install it it tries to connect to the FSHSFX sever and fails. I did reinstall it back in April 07 but believe between then and now they have stopped all support.I hope not but feel so.FSX offers some sounds that they did (gear and flap wind drag) but I believe that Hotseat does a better job. I dont use FSX so to see my fs9 world loose that part is such a shame.

Guest jboweruk

It's my co-pilot I miss most, I miss her gentle calming voice when it all went wrong and an engine caught fire or the flaps failed. I managed more successful landings under extreme circumstances with her than I do now, it didn't worry her that we had a problem it was just, 'do you want me to do this checklist?'Add to that the airport ambience which was tied to the AI aircraft and you had a wonderful package. If I had any one gripe it always struck me that the other aircraft were a bit on the loud side, even when you turned it down, you could hear more of their engines than your own, even when like in the F1 Beech A36 you were supposedly wearing noise cancelling headphones... :)But that was a small issue. When it stacked against all the things I loved about FSHS it was insignificant.Shame it died, it would've been nice to see them do a Vista compatible version and an FSX version.