Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwlaurie

ILS Capable aircraft

To save me having to try approaches with each aircraft in the program can anyone tell me which FS9 aircraft are "approach" capable? ie are there any others besides the Boeing fleet that will shoot a hands off ILS landing up to the point of touchdown?Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The learjet is the only other one I can think of that will control both throttle and pitch/roll. The Cessna, Kingair and Baron will do a coupled approach, but you will have to control the throttle.Gary

That's odd in that I just tried an approach with the Lear and it assumes the ILS/runway heading but nosedives for the ground long before reaching the runway. The only one I've found that doesn't are the Boeing series.When approaching an airport with auto pilot selected and I get within the glidescope range I click on APP for an unassisted landing. At the same time should I turn off the altitude hold button on the auto pilot and the Flight Director function? They both stay engaged when I click on app. unless it's a Boeing which turns off the altitude hold button at some point further on in the approach at which time the aircraft starts a controlled descent to a landing on the button. The only thing I need to do is lower the flaps/gear and control the speed with the manual throttle. Am I missing something here.

You're talking about Autoland. This feature is only available on various Boeing, McDonald Douglas, and Airbus aircraft. I think the L1011 had one as well, and some miscellaneous others, but mostly that's it. I'm not sure about regional jets.If you're looking for add-ons with autoland, then PMDG, Level-D, and a couple others are the only developers to simulate this process. The rest are meant to be hand-flown from about 200 feet AGL.