Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

One very screwed up flight

Guest Shalomar

I returned to a saved flight in FS9 where I had left off at KACY. I decided to fly to KLGA. I was in the F1 ATR-72. I entered the default flight planner, set my route and imported it to the FMC. For some reason I could not set the arrival and departure runways into the FMC, finally just left NORAY be my first waypoint instead of the runway at KACY.Next I attempted to file my plan with ATC. Only ground options. Twice I went to the map and changed my heading by one degree; hoping ATC would refresh and give me the option to file IFR. Since the field was IFR conditions I could not request takeoff at all.Finally I gritted my teeth and followed a Baron to the active and into the air. I right clicked on the throttles to get them to the auto-power setting notch. After a minute of holding the brakes, the engines had spooled up to takeoff power. Of course the usual scolding- no takeoff clearance. I hit the ATC key hoping I could file. No dice. I got scolded twice more about taking off with no clearance; then ATC terminated services. Finally, I had an option- not filing, but opening an IFR clearance. The flight planner window showed my flight plan as intended, but the "OK" was greyed out. I went into the "find route" option and reinstated my only intermediate waypoint, NORAY. I then had to save it again, FS9 insisted that I overwrite my already saved flight plan.So that was over with, I got my clearance and then KACY departure gives me an ILS clearance to runway 04 KLGA 80 miles out. I attempt to turn to course, then TrackIR starts having fits- intermittently freezing. Overspeed warning- with all the commotion on climbout I was level at 5,000 still with power set to climb. I set the power to cruise and get back to trying to turn when TrackIR wouldn't let me see the HSI and heading bug at the same time...To make a long story short; OVERSPEED BREAKUP :-(AAAAURRRRR!!!Good thing it's only a sim...Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

You should really invest in two progams, first, FSNavigator. The default flight planner is unrealistic. Second, Radar Contact. Again, default ATC is too ridged and unrealistic, you can also save your current situation.Check them out here....http://www.fsnavigator.com/http://www.jdtllc.com/Again, I highly recommend this software, it's a "must have".Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg